Thursday, September 3, 2015

Here’s how Donald Trump responded to my essay about him

Here’s how Donald Trump responded to my essay about him

The bully proves my point.


Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the NBA's all-time leading scorer, is a former cultural ambassador for the United States and the author of several bestselling books. His latest novel, "Mycroft Holmes," comes out this month.

This morning,  an essay of mine was published titled, “This is the Difference Between Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.” Trump’s response to my piece is the best, though inelegant, support for my claims. Here again, he attacks a journalist who disagrees with him, not by disputing the points made but by hurling schoolyard insults such as “nobody likes you.” Look behind the nasty invective and you find an assault on the Constitution in the effort to silence the press through intimidation. The full text is below.

Dear Kareem,
Now I know why the press always treated you so badly — they couldn’t stand you. The fact is that you don’t have a clue about life and what has to be done to make America great again!
Best wishes,

No comments:

Post a Comment