Saturday, September 10, 2011

Do Not Dial 90# for Anyone!


90# on your telephone
PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I received a phone call last night from an individual identifying himself as an "AT&T Service Technician",
conducting a test on the telephone lines. He asked me to touch nine (9), zero (0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up, so that he can complete test on my line.


Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your phone number.


I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails.
     
When checked with Verizon, they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone.
Email from Se Jung Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment