Sunday, July 21, 2013

Job interview at the post office


I stopped by the Los Angeles Post Office yesterday to apply for a job.

The interviewer asked me, "Are you allergic to anything?"

I said, "Yes, caffeine. I can't drink coffee."

"Ok, have you ever been in the military service?"
"Yes, I was in Iraq for one tour."

The interviewer said to me, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment."

Then he asked, "Are you disabled in any way?"

I said, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles."

The interviewer grimaced and then said,

"OK. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now.

Our normal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

You can start tomorrow at 10 a.m., and plan on starting at 10 a.m. everyday."

I was puzzled and asked,

"If the work hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., why don't you want me here at 10 a.m.?"

"This is a government job", the interviewer said,

"For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls.

No point in you coming in for that."

Email from D. Y. Kong
 

No comments:

Post a Comment